All products on this page will be available indefinitely. Contact us for personal pickup.
- WELL-AGED/COMPOSTED HORSE MANURE – For those run-down organic deficient garden soils and flower beds, we have 75 lb. bags of well-aged/composted horse manure…harvested off sandy based soils. These large bags will cover a fair sized garden AND require 2 people to lift them. Very reasonably priced. 75 plus lbs. – $20.00
- SEA MAGIC – 30 gm. Pouch makes 250 liters/55 US gallons. Add to your currant fertilization program. Ascophyllum nodosum is harvested from the cold clear waters of the North Atlantic and is quickly dried under special procedure designed to keep its natural qualities intact. Instructions are also available to make a concentrated solution. This must be stored in a cool place. $9.00
- WORM CASTINGS – This is unprocessed natural “manure” made by African Night Crawler earthworms! These are crawling “factories” of manufactured goodness: high in beneficial bacteria, organic matter, humus, nitrate nitrogen, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium in an easily absorb-able form. For those concerned, worm castings are odorless, moisture-retaining and will not leach from the soil. 100% pure! In 2011, I incorporated several pails & bags of worm castings into a garden trial bed of mine, involving kale, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. I also added several spoons in the hole of each tomato variety that I was trialing. Later in the summer, I supplemented the tomato plants once more. Considering the summer was very dry and I was forced to watered almost everyday, all the plants in question thrived. I could honestly say that it was due greatly in part to these worm castings and my organic fertilization program. I have continued to use this natural product and am amazed at the endurance the plants have shown. I am excited to have a sufficient quantity on hand now to meet your needs. Please inquire at the G.H. on you next visit. Available in 10 lb bags…$20.00
- Diatomaceous Earth –“It is an all natural product made from tiny fossilized water plants. It is a naturally occurring siliceous sedimentary mineral compound from microscopic skeletal remains of unicellular algae-like plants called diatoms. These plants have been part of the earth’s ecology since prehistoric times. 30 million years ago the diatoms built up into deep, chalky deposits of diatomite. The diatoms are mined and ground up to render a powder that looks and feels like talcum powder. It is a mineral based pesticide!” (quoted from” Golden Harvest Organics” 2008) See a very interesting article on this product at http://eap.mcgill.ca/publications/eap4.htm . Can be used in greenhouses, homes, gardens and on all types of plants & animals safely. Avoid breathing in this super fine dust! N/A
- Azomite – According to everyone who has tried this…this is the ultimate and best “mineralization” program ever offered! Check out numerous garden trials on the net. And now it is in Manitoba and we are using it in our pots for the first time! A little goes a l-o-n-g way! Slow release and organic.
From Wikipedia: Azomite is a complex silica ore (hydrated sodium calcium aluminosilicate) with an elevated ratio of trace minerals unique to the Utah mineral deposit from which it is mined. When the ash from a volcanic eruption filled a nearby seabed an estimated 30 million years ago, the combination of seawater, fed by hundreds of mineral-rich rivers and the rare earth minerals present in the volcanic ash, created the deposit’s distinctive composition.Scientific analysis of this combination of volcanic ash and marine minerals reports over 70 trace minerals, many recognized as essential by the National Research Council of Canada. A typical analysis of an Azomite sample using spark source mass spectrometer reveals the presence of many rare earth elements. (Excellent for top dressing alpine garden beds….). Presently have granular form available, which is very easy to use. 44 lb bags. Please call for pricing.